am also happy to trade from my huge collection of 19th century

violin music...for archival purposes, all of my music is copied

then scanned.  

I hope someone can help!  The Sibley music library was kind

enough to scan books 9 & 10 for me.  Many of the solo

pieces from the school are record worthy, so I'll make it

happen.

Also exciting news on my Naxos front, Chloe Hanslip has just

finished recording the two Godard concertos today!  

Cordially,

Jon

Interesting stuff.....

Were they US or UK books originally, or alternatively do you know the titles, because I am the custodian of quite a large selection of music from 1890-2000.

I am currently taking some obscure/unknown English Music from very old volumes on my recital tours....even today I played something that may not have seen the light of day for 50 years here in England.

What I wish I could find more of is all the light/salon/fun pieces that were published by Bosworth etc. in the 50s but are nearly all left out of books these days.

T_D

Hi Jon!

I have never seen those last two volumes, put they have to be somewhere since they where printed

You don't happen to have a violinist that are about to record those Liszt paraphrases?

Thanks for the responses. The 11th books is entitled "The Brilliant and Bravura School" the 12th is "Finger Development and Virtuosity" Please let me know if you locate these technique doc!

Hi Mattias! Long time no talk, I have no violinist signed up for Henley yet, I'm still trying to make a sensible program of his solo music and would like to browse these other two books before finalizing anything. The Liszt Concert Caprices are amazing!

Yeah, long time Jon! I hear that you are doing well! Keep up working Naxos

I too would love to see those last two books, I bet his variations on the emperor quartet theme (haydn) is somewhere in there... Thos i would LOVE to try

Hi Gennady...are you familiar with the two Bruch Quartets? The Ernst Quartet or the Ferdinand David Quartet? These are all that I have that are really "new" ;-) I believe (from my past readings) that Ernst actually wrote two...but the second never left manuscript. Sibley uploaded 4 of the Bazzini Quartets at my request...I think these are very interesting.

I have the two Bruch quartets scanned in but have not got around to the others. I'd be happy to email them over, just let me know.