Maestronet Forums

My last violin

hghareeb

Hi ,,

Find the below is my last violin based on ALARD Del Gesue , your comments and elaboration are most welcome ,,

http : //www.maestronet.com/forums/attachments/back16.jpg

http : //www.maestronet.com/forums/attachments/Front7.jpg

http : //www.maestronet.com/forums/attachments/side2.jpg

http : //www.maestronet.com/forums/attachments/Scroll9.jpg

Yes , I meant the latest , However it might be the last ,am facing a hard time now a days in my social life some toubles and problems ,,, having no time for the workshop and not in the mode any more !

I sorry I didn't check the pics. after uploading ,it seems realy ugly and with no details at all , the below is an other pic. that I have it available now if still any one need to have an other look let me know so I can post an other collection .

Regards,

Wow, hghareeb, that back view looks stunning! Very beautiful wood, and nicely done! Assuming this is a digital camera, there should be a way for you to set the white balance. Assuming it's a handheld digital compact camera, it should at least have a mode where you can point the camera at a piece of blank paper and set the white balance based on that. Or you could choose between some presets, such as a tungsten setting, flourescent setting, daytime setting, etc. Using the white balance shot on white paper is the better option of the two.

Setting the white balance like this will allow us to see the varnish more closely to how you see it. In these non-color-corrected shots, it's hard for us to see what the varnish really looks like. But man, I'm just stunned by the beauty of that one-piece back and the very transparent varnish you've got on it. Well done!

Thank you so much for your words , The problem with the photographer not the camera I was shooting with a nice set of digital equipment NIKON D80 and KIKOR 80/200 f2.8 ED at mabe 160 mm. However these is not the original pics. I did modify it in photo shop ,, Cropping and brightness/conrast only , I will load soon some more photo with corrected white balnce and front shot also ,,

The varnish was (Thanks Neil Ertz) original came from Mr. Neil he gave it me personaly and explain clearly how to make it and to apply it ,, It's mixed with madder root while it is originaly yellowesh , I like it it is soo transparent and glossy .

Regards,

Hghareeb, get yourself a gray card, and start using it. If you shoot in RAW mode with your D80, and take a shot that includes the gray card, you can easily, in the Photoshop raw converter, use the white balance dropper to click on the gray card and get the color temperature and tint that corrects your image. If you take a shot with the gray card, and another shot without the gray card, you can use the gray card to get the color temperature and tint, and then apply them to the other RAW file and end up with very nicely color-corrected images, at least to the extent that your light sources allow it. The Verilux lightbulbs I have in my workshop claim to replicate daylight, but they don't. They have a lot of red in them, actually. Even using a gray card, you can only correct it so much due to the available light when the picture was taken. I use the Nikon D200, if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Haitham, good job! I'm bumping this thread because Hghareeb mentioned to me that he'd set the white balance using the features of his Nikon digital camera for the back and f-hole pictures of this last three set of pictures, and I wanted to point out how nice they look, now that you can see the actual real color of the varnish. With the proper white balance setting the varnish has this beautiful reddish tone rather than the solid yellow look it had in the original pics. I really dig that varnish color. I think it's fantastic. Are you considering hitting the varnish surface with a bit of pumice and oil or rottenstone or something to knock the shine down a bit?