Maestronet Forums

Season's Greetings

TimRobinson

Thanks Tim - the same to you and your family... and also to all of those in the extended family that makes up the Pegbox forum community. Happy making in 2007!

I would also like to thank you all for your input over the last few years - it's been interesting and thought-provoking and stimulating (and sometimes maddening!)... but it has given me enough ideas so that I could collect some thoughts together and publish an article or two. This forum is really a great resource and inspiration.

Thanks, Tim and Alan. Merry Christmas to both of you as well, and the rest of you lot. It's Christmas eve already here in Aussieland. We'll need to be asleep very shortly or Santa will bypass the Southern Hemishpere altogether.

I wish you all loads of violin paraphernalia under the tree.

Season's Greetings from SUNNY Chicago! The thin on "natural insolation" Chicagoans have been truly blessed this winter.

Thank you all for your wonderful posts, and special "thank you" to rutherford for sharing the UFO-full of gifts Santa dropped....

I just left the following in a different thread, but added it to this thread.

Enjoy the Solstice time-of-year celebration of your choice and, if some version of Jolly Old St. Nick is in your accepted tradition, I hope you find the Secrets of Strad and del Gesu in your stocking/shoe/boot. If you do, feel free to spread the joy

Thank you all, and have a peaceful and prosperous New Year filled with many wonderful new instruments and much music.

Greetings to all from here in the heartland...Broken Arrow Oklahoma.

(a suburb of southern Chicago). Hehe

Looking back at this last year... I want to thank the many folks that take their time to contribute and share on this forum to help educate many of us newer

to the trade. This forum along with some of Harry Wakes materials have been

invaluable to me. So my hats off to all the senior members from whom I have gleaned so much from. (You guys and Gals know who you are). Please continue to keep up the good work. I am looking forward to the new year with all the

wonderful opportunities to continue to learn and grow.

So Merry Christmas and a happy new year to ALL.

I came in to this forum in 2006, and as we aren't many makers here in Bergen or in Norway at all (classical instr, not hardanger-fiddles ) it has been very rewarding for me to spend my coffee pauses with you guys, I've learned a lot, and I'm confident I'll learn twice as much in 2007, becuase that's what makes violin making so fun: your learning curve is actually always increasing!

I share the building where I work with a dance company, and for some reason they aren't really that keen on the latest ideas about arching shapes? I think in january I'll start a discussion here; what might possibly be wrong with those dancers, I think they must be real geeks. God jul & godt nytt år fra Bergen!