Sign in to follow this  
rarecellos

Strad Magazine service

I subscribe to Strad Magazine...

Twice this year already I receive no magazines and had to email to get them.

In Edit: the July issue just came in a few minutes ago... they heard me across the Atlantic.

rc

Are you sure the problem is with Strad and not the post office?

I've only subscribed for a short time, but their service was

good when I had a problem.  My very first issue was missing

the poster. They did not reply to my email, but I

received the poster in about a week.

Funny you should mention....

I just received my copy of the July issue.

I emailed customerservice.nsm@wdis.co.uk last Friday and got an e-mail today saying they've sent another copy, so either the mail was very fast or the first copy was really slow.

I plan to just keep offering gentle reminders aqnd asking questions when service isn't what I expect.

I've subscribed to The STRAD for many years. Only once did an issue seem to vanish over (or into) the ocean - I think I ended up with two copies of that one. My July issue just arrived today, too. I learned long ago not to be impatient. Sometimes the issues arrive in the previous month and sometimes 3 of 4 weeks later.

My STRINGS issues are the ones that always amuze me. I receive my copy about a week after they are received on the US East Coast - and I live about one mile from the STRINGS editorial and business offices. (I know now that they print it in Virginia - or thereabouts.)

Andy

My May issue didn't come till the end of June.

Go figure...

But I must say I think there is an improvement in the content in the last few years.

July issue is good, check it out... if you can get a copy without too much hassle.

rc

I always have horrible service from them. It's easier to just go to borders and pick the magazines up.

And lets not even talk about ordering posters.

I was under the assumption that Strad no longer does over the counter sales of their magazine. That is what the violin shops have told me. Is Borders carrying it now?

froggie,

i buy it there all the time...i usually find it much cheaper to buy

single issues of british mags than to subscribe directly to

them...

cassi  

If your Borders still carries them, you're lucky.

Am very much looking forward to the August issue though--Stephen Marvin on the evolution of bows from the time of Mozart, and apparently a thought-provoking article on arching.

Here in the UK I find The Strad arrives like clockwork. Sometimes a quick scan reads like violin Hello magazine and I wish it was more intellectual like the old Strads but I like the latest issue and am always pleased when there is a poster. Most issues have me pondering my sub' and I certainly would if delivery was as unpredictable as it seems for overseas subscribers. The carriers may be to blame but they are designated by the publishers. Strad is a sponsor here and should take time to look and reply.

I guess I am lucky here in Hong Kong. I have been a subscriber for a few years. Never missed an issue, never got an issue delivered late, and never got an email unanswered.

Warren