Maestronet Forums

I can't believe it but the David del Gesu --

I read in a recent press release that Midori is using the David del Gesu. I forget the name of the person, but in the article it was mentioned that he placed it on loan to her, as well as a pretty good Strad, for 2 years! Is this right? How come she gets such privalege? I thought that it was to remain in the museum for the use of visiting artists when playing a concert at the nearby concert hall, not carted around the world for the exclusive use of one!!! Can anyone shed light on this subject.

: I read in a recent press release that Midori is using the David del Gesu. I forget the name of the person, but in the article it was mentioned that he placed it on loan to her, as well as a pretty good Strad, for 2 years! Is this right? How come she gets such privalege? I thought that it was to remain in the museum for the use of visiting artists when playing a concert at the nearby concert hall, not carted around the world for the exclusive use of one!!! Can anyone shed light on this subject.

: I read in a recent press release that Midori is using the David del Gesu. I forget the name of the person, but in the article it was mentioned that he placed it on loan to her, as well as a pretty good Strad, for 2 years! Is this right? How come she gets such privalege? I thought that it was to remain in the museum for the use of visiting artists when playing a concert at the nearby concert hall, not carted around the world for the exclusive use of one!!! Can anyone shed light on this subject.

She was borrowing the ex-David for a while from the Stradivari Society (when she was 10), but a few years later she bought it. It is the Jupiter Stradivarius which she has on loan for life, from a family friend. I got this info from Sheila's Corner.

Victor