Maestronet Forums

New D'Addario "Zyex" Violin Strings????

Joseph

I just received the latest issue of Strings Magazine and saw an ad (page-113) for these new "Zyex" strings, but it didn't have any detailed information. They are not Stell, Gut, nor Perlon, but some new aerospace technoligy composite fiber core that is not affected by temperature, humidity, or sunshine. Has any one tried these strings?... or does any one heard any feed back on them? Thanks,

Joe

: I just received the latest issue of Strings Magazine and saw an ad (page-113) for these new "Zyex" strings, but it didn't have any detailed information. They are not Stell, Gut, nor Perlon, but some new aerospace technoligy composite fiber core that is not affected by temperature, humidity, or sunshine. Has any one tried these strings?... or does any one heard any feed back on them? Thanks,

: Joe

There is also a small article in the August issue of The STRAD (pg. 808). I have not tried them, I want to, there is a chance they are some relative of kevlar (that is used in protective body armor) or one of the newer polyolefin fibers (Spectra fiber). But I'm only guessing. Both of these are very strong.