Sign in to follow this  
barbara

Jewish music arranged for cello solo

I am looking for arrangements of Jewish or Israeli music to be played as a cello solo (with or without piano accompaniment). My son is interested in learning some for a concert. He is able to play pieces of intermediate difficulty.

: I am looking for arrangements of Jewish or Israeli music to be played as a cello solo (with or without piano accompaniment). My son is interested in learning some for a concert. He is able to play pieces of intermediate difficulty.There is an arranged piece from Violin called" Kol Nidrei" which has a beautiful arrangement for the cello.This piece can be played with piano or orchestra. I myself hjave a cello recording of this piece, played by Mischa Maisky.

: I am looking for arrangements of Jewish or Israeli music to be played as a cello solo (with or without piano accompaniment). My son is interested in learning some for a concert. He is able to play pieces of intermediate difficulty.

I suggest you call SHAR at 1-800-248-SHAR and tell them what you want. They may sell an appropriate collection.

: I am looking for arrangements of Jewish or Israeli music to be played as a cello solo (with or without piano accompaniment). My son is interested in learning some for a concert. He is able to play pieces of intermediate difficulty.

Perhaps you should take a look at Prayer "From Jewish Life" No.1 by Ernest Bloch. Prayer is the first of three sketches for cello and piano. A student performed this piece at a concert at my high school and she won rave reviews. I personally loved it and was entranced by the soaring melody. Good luck with your search!

Sign in to follow this