Sign in to follow this  
barbara

glasser composite bow for cello

I read with interest the discussion about the new Glasser composite bow. Do they make one for the cello? or just violin? If yes, has anyone tested one? Thanks

I'm a violinist myself, but I "believe" the Coda Bows are now available for cellos, violas and basses. I'm not too terribly familiar with the Coda Bows as far as their make up. I only know it's not wood. There are others who will certainly offer a bit more insight into the Coda Bows. I believe they have a web site too. I can look it up and get back to the board if so.

: I read with interest the discussion about the new Glasser composite bow. Do they make one for the cello? or just violin? If yes, has anyone tested one? Thanks

You're other "repliers" weren't listening. I believe the phone number for Glasser is either 718 or 212 (Bronx, NY) 994-1613. They had a code split a while back and I'm not sure which way they went. The Codabow is a whole different animal...pricewise. I finally got my Glasser violin composite bow and am very pleased. The ad I saw in Southwest Strings only mentioned a violin version. You may want to try them or their website... though they take forever returning E-mail (in my experience). Good luck!

I hope this helps! Mary K

Sign in to follow this