Maestronet Forums

Just tested Zyex for Viola

Hello Maestronet readers!

I have just completed my testing of the new D'addario Zyex for viola. They sent me a set of strings, with two different A's and two different C's. A colleague (who performed the "listener's test") and I listened to the two choices and made our choice which matched the sound of the other strings and optimized the tone. I sent my results to the D'addario Co. I figure that the strings will come out on the market in about a month.

In general comments about the strings, they are nice. They have a strong, warm tone with nice response. They are pretty much what the company says they will be. I would recommend that all violists who use synthetic core strings should give them a try.

Sincerely,

Daniel Medina

Icepick4@Juno.com

• 2 weeks later...

: Hello Maestronet readers!

: I have just completed my testing of the new D'addario Zyex for viola. They sent me a set of strings, with two different A's and two different C's. A colleague (who performed the "listener's test") and I listened to the two choices and made our choice which matched the sound of the other strings and optimized the tone. I sent my results to the D'addario Co. I figure that the strings will come out on the market in about a month.

: In general comments about the strings, they are nice. They have a strong, warm tone with nice response. They are pretty much what the company says they will be. I would recommend that all violists who use synthetic core strings should give them a try.

: Sincerely,

: Daniel Medina

: Icepick4@Juno.com