Maestronet Forums

Strunal Violins - Has anyone tried them?

real name

Hello MarkT,

I've been observing this board for a couple of years now, and have watched it progress from a fairly personable and interesting forum into a board with a lot of readers who discourage any ruckus or heated opinions and any personal stances on debatable subjects. The result is a lot of the board's former resources simply lurk instead of contribute. Now you want to eliminate humor too? I see Fidicen's reply as humorous but I do NOT see yours as such. Fidicen certainly did have something to say, and I enjoyed it.

A. Brown

one commentator noted at the time that he would rather see people hitting each other in the nose instead of holding hands, since it would be boring if everybody actually agreed and got along rather than debating strongly held opinions. Of course, he was speaking METAPHORICALLY (don't hit your favorite luthier/dealer or stand partner in the nose).

: Hello MarkT,

: I've been observing this board for a couple of years now, and have watched it progress from a fairly personable and interesting forum into a board with a lot of readers who discourage any ruckus or heated opinions and any personal stances on debatable subjects. The result is a lot of the board's former resources simply lurk instead of contribute. Now you want to eliminate humor too? I see Fidicen's reply as humorous but I do NOT see yours as such. Fidicen certainly did have something to say, and I enjoyed it.

: A. Brown

Hello A. Brown,

Your remarks, strike, well, a chord...I participated in a physics/science forum for about two years and watched it deteriorate from a venue for lively and humorous debate into a cold, sparse landscape, dominated by a few sarcastic academic eggheads waiting to pounce on the slightest weakness.

Hope we're not headed for the same here--I enjoy all of it!

Regards,

Mark W. (too doggone many Marks here.)

: Hello MarkT,

: I've been observing this board for a couple of years now, and have watched it progress from a fairly personable and interesting forum into a board with a lot of readers who discourage any ruckus or heated opinions and any personal stances on debatable subjects. The result is a lot of the board's former resources simply lurk instead of contribute. Now you want to eliminate humor too? I see Fidicen's reply as humorous but I do NOT see yours as such. Fidicen certainly did have something to say, and I enjoyed it.

: A. Brown