Maestronet Forums

Estimated length of time for repairs?

cherie

Help. I am starting violins for the first time this week. I will be using my grandmother's violin which has been in the attic for years. I dropped it off at the repair shop 4 weeks ago for some work to get it in working order. It needs a new chin rest, new strings, new pegs, and tailpiece adjustment. As it is my first experience with this sort of thing, I was wondering if this is taking an unusually long time? The first call I made to check on it, the repair guy said he was still waiting on the chin rest. The second time i called (last week) he told me he would the rest of the work, other than the chin rest, and have it ready by Friday (this past Fri.) It's still not ready, and I wonder If I am just overanxious and being unreasonable to expect it to be done.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

: Help. I am starting violins for the first time this week. I will be using my grandmother's violin which has been in the attic for years. I dropped it off at the repair shop 4 weeks ago for some work to get it in working order. It needs a new chin rest, new strings, new pegs, and tailpiece adjustment. As it is my first experience with this sort of thing, I was wondering if this is taking an unusually long time? The first call I made to check on it, the repair guy said he was still waiting on the chin rest. The second time i called (last week) he told me he would the rest of the work, other than the chin rest, and have it ready by Friday (this past Fri.) It's still not ready, and I wonder If I am just overanxious and being unreasonable to expect it to be done.

: Any feedback would be appreciated.