Sign in to follow this  
barbara

recording of vivaldi violin concerto in D Major

I am looking for a recording of the Vivaldi Violin Concerto in D Major, Opus 7 No. 12. My daughter has just begun to study this piece and I would like her to hear it played with piano accompaniment. I tried to find it at the local music stores and have had no success. Thanks for any suggestions.

: I am looking for a recording of the Vivaldi Violin Concerto in D Major, Opus 7 No. 12. My daughter has just begun to study this piece and I would like her to hear it played with piano accompaniment. I tried to find it at the local music stores and have had no success. Thanks for any suggestions.

Barbara, are you aware that there are several different cataloguing systems for Vivaldi's works? In addition to opus numbers, there are RV numbers, M numbers, and P numbers (just as Mozart has K numbers, Haydn Hob. numbers, and Schubert D numbers.) It's very confusing in the case of Vivaldi-- different people have tried to catalogue his works with varying degrees of success. So this concerto might not be listed by its opus number--in fact I believe the current trend is toward the RV numbers. Go to your local university music library, and you can probably find a reference work cross-referencing all the numbers.

: This concerto is RV 214 in the Ryom catalog. Unfortunately I don't know of any recording of it.

: Flavio

RV214 is also known as:

- F.I. 207 (Fanna)

- Ricordi 453

- Pincherle 152

Some CDs will show the RV or the F.I. number, or both.

I have a double-CD of all 12 Op. 7 concertos:

It's by DENON, performed by "I SOLISTI ITALIANI"

with HansJoerg Schellenberger at the Oboe.

: I am looking for a recording of the Vivaldi Violin Concerto in D Major, Opus 7 No. 12. My daughter has just begun to study this piece and I would like her to hear it played with piano accompaniment. I tried to find it at the local music stores and have had no success. Thanks for any suggestions.

Barbara,

I don't know if it is the same concerto you are referring to but there is a Concerto for Violin in D major by Vivaldi, Op. 12 no 3/F 11 no 42/RV 124. In the Tower Records online catalog. They list at least two CDs with his Op. 12 Concerti. 1. by the I Filarmonici Ensemble on Tactus TC label 672238. 2. by Pavel Beznosiuk with the Academy of Ancient Music Ensemble on Osieau Lyre London/Decca 2OH 443-556. If this is not the correct one, you try the Tower Records website, where you'll find 250 Vivaldi recordings.

JohnT

: Barbara, do you know about 1-800-75 MUSIC? It's NPR's source for anything that's in print. They are very helpful and knowledgeable. If it's in print, they can get it. And best of all, your purchase supports NPR.

Sign in to follow this