Maestronet Forums

Instructional - DVDs - Sliding and Vibrato

Kreutzer9

Anyone heard of any Intermediate-level Instructional DVDs for things such as Pisition Studies, Sliding and Vibrato?

I have some books but I need some video material to instruct me on the posture and technique used in executing position changes, sliding and vibrato.

Thanks! Any suggestions are appreciated.

Have you tried to look them up in Connie violin page (a web site)

where quite a list of violin videos and DVD titles is provided.

Many violinists are concerned with (right hand) bowing techniques but you are more concerned with left hand.

Any reason? Just curious.

Thanks. I do have a DVD that teaches bowing as well. If you know of an intermediate to advanced level bowing DVD, please let me know. I will check out that Connie website as well.

SO that's why I am more concerned about left hand. I have had lessons in bowing and first position fingering and have acquired some degree of dexterity in these areas. but none as far as shifting positions and vibrato.

Any suggestions?

I suggest that you find a teacher if you do not have one. Instructional videos are fine, but you can develop bad habits that are difficult to break if you try to teach yourself. A teacher can both provide guidance on how to do the specific activity and ensure that you do not pick up bad habits.