Sign in to follow this  
segoya

European spruce and Balkan maple tonewood

We are SC SEGOYA Romanian tonewood manufacturers and suppliers.European companys like Rivolta,Kolbl,Kolitz,SVS are buyng the tonewood from our area or directly from us.

We are first time(mising of informations)out from the country this year to the Frankfurt Messe.

We have great tonewood supply posibilitys and first hand prices.We have jpg pictures,samples and fast shipping aviable.

I'm loking for worldwhide buyers and long therm export parteners.Our web page will be sond ready.

If do you know intrested luthiers or manufatcurers please let uns know.We have over 2000 violins,200 cello backs and 1000 spruce tops in our stocks.

Thank you ,Marius -SC SEGOYA owner.

I know i have not posted here before, but I am a long time member and lurker, not someone who has joined to to post this.

Some 12-18 months ago we were contacted by a Marius Ciprian of S.C. Global. He told us about some great spruce for double bass tops and with some great prices, and he sent a sample that we liked, so we then placed an order. I (Upton Bass Stringed Instrument Co.) wired $14,400 to his company, S.C. Global, in advance (typical business to pay in full before recieving product on the mfg side of things). Still to this day no wood, no refund, just lies.

We have been in contact with Mr. Ciprian and he insists his company has been sold to a French company called Romwald Invest of France, owned by Eric Pertuschi.

Marius Ciprian is also known as Neita Ciprian and refers to himself as both/all in his business dealings.

Names Mr. Ciprian uses for his business:

SC Segoviason SRL tonewood

SC Global SRL

SC Romwald Invest SRL

SC Segoya STL

Websites I can find:

http://www.tonewood.ro/

http://www.romwald-invest.ro/

info I found:

Sighisoara 545400 Jud. Mures

Str. Mihai Viteazu Bl.6 Ap.28

Romania

Phone : (+40)0745/865322

Fax : (+40)265/774927

Phone : [40] (265) 771619

Fax : [40] (265) 774400

They (Mr. Ciprian and Mr. Pertuschi) say we will get our money back. I am not holding my breath.

I hope other folks don't get ripped off. This is my intentions in this post...the economic times are to tough for us to be dealing with predatory thieves!

I know i have not posted here before, but I am a long time member and lurker, not someone who has joined to to post this.

Some 12-18 months ago we were contacted by a Marius Ciprian of S.C. Global. He told us about some great spruce for double bass tops and with some great prices, and he sent a sample that we liked, so we then placed an order. I (Upton Bass Stringed Instrument Co.) wired $14,400 to his company, S.C. Global, in advance (typical business to pay in full before recieving product on the mfg side of things). Still to this day no wood, no refund, just lies.

That is brave and kind of you to post this warning.

Dean

Thanks, Eric Roy!

Segoya, Eric appears to have good credentials. Satisfy him first, and only then think about working on the rest of us. Otherwise, it's nothing more than $hit in the wind.

By the way, it's pretty standard practice in our business to receive the wood first, then pay. I don't think you'll make much progress if you do otherwise.

This is the internet age. Rip a few people off, and everyone will know.

I have a fondness for people on this forum. Rip me or them off, and someone will come and find you. If this isn't appealing, sell "replica watches" or "enlargers" someplace else.

I have a fondness for people on this forum. Rip me or them off, and someone will come and find you. If this isn't appealing, sell "replica watches" or "enlargers" someplace else.

David,

I feel terrible now. That "enlarger" was guaranteed and you can return it to the VA hospital for a full refund.

David,

I feel terrible now. That "enlarger" was guaranteed and you can return it to the VA hospital for a full refund.

I can't say that my own venture was entirely unproductive. If I continue to gain .1 mm per year, by the time I'm 200 years old, I might be somebody. :)

I have some experience with this fellow... anyone contemplating dealings with him is welcome to contact me by private email first.

Ok, segoya, respond Eric first,

I will be in the line to put an order.

Thanks for the post.

The warning is useful, but I am a little amazed.

Why were no references of successful transactions sought and checked before large chucks of change were wired to a foreign bank?

Why was a smaller test transaction/purchase not conducted to determine the 'bona fides' of the tonewood provider?

Why go outside established traders with good reputations?

and

Why was the maxim 'caveat emptor' set aside in this case?

Frankly, I don't care to know, but it would need more than a corrected transaction with Eric_Roy for me to to consider sending a cent to this tonewood operation.

Ah... the imfamous Marius Nenita appears again.

This isn't the first time for Marius to post here.

http://www.maestronet.com/forum/index.php?...4&hl=Segoya

I did have one half successful transaction with Marius for about 15 sets of wood back in 2004. It was some of the best wood at very attractive pricing at the time. However, he short shipped the matching neck pieces as previously agreed. I took it slowly with this guy, trying to establish credibility with each other, giving him the benefit of doubt that it was a genuine mistake. I reordered within days of receiving the first shipment with another small quantity as "risk management". Fortunately and Unfortunately, I never received the 2nd batch of wood. Since his price was literally 1/2 of the market price at the time. I did not bother wasting time to chase him down. I simply "averaged" on my costs.

I have other friends who also successfully purchased from him. The ony way to conduct business with this guy is in person. He shipped his wood to Mondomusica for some attending vendors, such as SVS. While at Mondomusica, he parks his truck outside of the convention center. You can find him there and buy from him in person.

However, never buy from this guy over Internet or wire transfer. He has absolutely zero credibility.

Hi Eric, thanks for the unfortunate info. (Also please note that this thread is 5 years old,i get the impression some think its recent) I sent an email query to them last year regarding possible purchase of some wood ,FORTUNATELY he didnt respond.I only know of one buyer who received wood from them.Ispirati glad to hear your another ,so that makes two.(and your friends)

...Also please note that this thread is 5 years old,i get the impression some think its recent...

yes...it was quite old, and I debated responding vs. starting a new thread. I decided to resurrect it for the same reason that I am posting this information everywhere it is appropriate. Information on the internet does not die. It is cached by search engines and can be recalled years after it was first typed. Had bad stories such as this been posted and cached, we probably would not have wired any money to this scoundrel. I have seen recent threads/eMails about other unscrupulous wood dealers as well...and this kind of open exchanging of information serves to save others time and money.

yes...it was quite old, and I debated responding vs. starting a new thread. I decided to resurrect it for the same reason that I am posting this information everywhere it is appropriate. Information on the internet does not die. It is cached by search engines and can be recalled years after it was first typed. Had bad stories such as this been posted and cached, we probably would not have wired any money to this scoundrel. I have seen recent threads/eMails about other unscrupulous wood dealers as well...and this kind of open exchanging of information serves to save others time and money.

Its good that you are warning others.Why dont you contact the local authorities.They are part of the EU now and are bound by its distance trading laws.

We have been in contact with Mr. Ciprian and he insists his company has been sold to a French company called Romwald Invest of France, owned by Eric Pertuschi.

Marius Ciprian is also known as Neita Ciprian and refers to himself as both/all in his business dealings.

Names Mr. Ciprian uses for his business:

SC Segoviason SRL tonewood

SC Global SRL

SC Romwald Invest SRL

SC Segoya STL

Websites I can find:

http://www.tonewood.ro/

http://www.romwald-invest.ro/

info I found:

Sighisoara 545400 Jud. Mures

Str. Mihai Viteazu Bl.6 Ap.28

Romania

Phone : (+40)0745/865322

Fax : (+40)265/774927

Phone : [40] (265) 771619

Fax : [40] (265) 774400

They (Mr. Ciprian and Mr. Pertuschi) say we will get our money back. I am not holding my breath.

I hope other folks don't get ripped off. This is my intentions in this post...the economic times are to tough for us to be dealing with predatory thieves!

I'm also a new member. Thanks for this post. I notice that clicking on the link you give to 'romwald-invest.ro' brings up a virus warning on my computer. Others beware! regards, Fergie

Let's put some faces to the name.... I looked in my email history with Marius and found these photos of him and her....

post-4992-1241597522_thumb.jpg post-4992-1241598060_thumb.jpg

I thought I got con by the guy. I did get my second shipment, but without the neck pieces. When I demanded for him to ship me the neck pieces, he ignored me. Then I stopped buying from him. Fortunate for me, my loss was limited.

If you ever see him or her parked outside of Mondomusica or other string instrument convention, please get my 10 neck pieces for me.