Maestronet Forums

SKB444 fiddle case

Lane

Has anyone had any experience with this case? I've had a couple of SKB's I used for gigs and fiddlers conventions. Good sturdy general purpose cases. The 444 looks different and has a decent little storage compartment in the lower bouts section of the case. Under $70.00! All the best. Lp

I just got one last week... it still has a new smell to it which I dislike very much. I even left it outside for a couple of days and it hasn't changed. It sort of smells like candy.

The fabric inside is soft, and sheds if you run your hand along it... so it's not velour or velvet, it's some kind of plush lining.

It closes up and fastens very tightly and securely like they claim, and it seems very solid and strong. Close fitting inside too... no need for a neck restraint.

A note about music123 (where I got mine)-

I e-mailed the site asking about interior color choices. An employee linked me to the SKB site which shows the case as a green interior. I got one with blue. fwiw :