Maestronet Forums

Welcome new members!

administrator

My name's Lavender. From a small town in the south, but no accent. I'm thirteen *sigh*, and have been studying violin for 7-8ish years. Play classical... Yup. That's about it. Oh, I have a real thing for Shakespeare, as well as the Redwall series, HP (of course!), His Dark Materials, and TLK.

Ah, that's really too much information...

Hi Lavender! Nice to meet you. Keep up the hard work with the violin. I can offer you first hand experience when I say that it has been a wonderful thing to have now that I'm in my 40s. I am glad I stuck with it all those years! I too lived in the south (for a while); Georgia to be exact. About as southern as you can get. But kept my midwestern accent. Funny thing is I never lived in the midwest! Go figure.

Have you ever tried the ArtsMusic Semi-acoustic violin? It's the only violin on the market (in the US) I have seen of its kind. Very beautiful to look at with a unique swoosh kind of design to the bridge, pegbox, fingerboard and its sole f hole. The pickup is in soundpost - a proprietary piezo hooked up to a volume control knob and a 1/4" jack over the left shoulder. Very convenient, very well designed. ArtsMusic is a company based in Australia, with a factory in China. The instruments are built in China and finished in Castlemaine, Australia, where the shop is located. I met the owner at MusikMesse last year. He is a very enthusiastic young man.