Sign in to follow this  
D_A

Question for Canadians - Bach and Broccoli

I saw a Canadian video "Bach and Broccoli" that had beautiful music for its main theme. I suspect that it's something by Bach, but didn't recognize it at the time I saw it and couldn't find info in the credits that matched what I heard. If anyone knows what it was, please tell me. Thanks!

You know, i'm not to sure about what i'm talking about here, but the other day I was watching Bravo, and this Bach themed show came on, highlighting Yo-Yo Ma's solo suites, however not in concert, but as a drama show so it seemed. Several vingettes about people, and that 'to be continued' feeling at the end. It was weird. So, I dont think it was titled "Bach and Broccoli" but it was a Bach themed soap opera or something. Ha! Bravo always shows weird things like these.

sorry to be no help, but I felt it necessary to tell my story too! Haha,

I think you saw Yo Yo Ma's "Inspired by Bach" series. It has 6 short films including documentary, dances, short drama, etc. The concept is novel, but it didn't quite work that well. I wish that they hired better actors.

I do have those Yo Yo Ma films on tape somewhere! Bach and Broccoli is a "family film" about an orphan who goes to live with her organist bachelor uncle and turns his life upside down. Parts of the movie (especially the opening) are very surreal and the score is beautiful.

Thanks, tc. I'll try it! I couldn't find anything else on the web either, but it didn't connect with me that this was the company that produced it when I visited it.