Maestronet Forums

Do luthiers make good lovers?

xania

Of course. Ever hear of tone woodies?

Luthiers know how to find the mensure and they take the time to tweak things until they make their baby sing!

You do have to watch out though, as there are a few bad eggs. Some are strung out on peg dope and now that I think about it there are also quite a few chiselers. If you're not careful you might get gouged.

All in all though. as a group they normally like to play with their instruments and the more accomplished ones really know how to dig in and hit that sweet spot on a G string.

A 90yo luthier in a retirement home met up with a spritely 85yo, they fell in love and decided to marry.

On their first night together the old chap reached out for his new wifes hand and while tenderly holding it they both fell asleep.

On the second night this scenario was repeated, on the third night as he reached for her hand, she said, not tonight dear, I have a headache.

Dave was out with Mabel on their first date alone, and Dave said to Mabel, I think I'll become a Luthier and make my living making violins, as working for Dad on the farm is too hard and he doesn't pay me either.

Mabel said, don't blather on Dave, just kiss me.

Dave started to kiss Mabel and suddenly drew apart from her looking anxious, Mabel said, whats wrong Dave?.

Dave replied, Dad told me that if I start kissing girls it'll kill me and he's right, as soon as I started to kiss you I felt a part of me go stiff.

Just how many of the respondents have made love with a luthier? I'll bet zero. I certainly havn't had the pleasure.... Self-assessments are so rarely accurate. Wouldn't it be far better Xania if you were to make a survey and then get back to us with your findings? You are in a much better position to give us the un-varnished truth.

Do luthiers make good lovers?

Yes!

No, unfortunately not.

Don't know, I've never played one!!!

Some of your replys are very funny.

No offense, David, but it sounds as though you would be a dead bore in the bedroom.

Then again you may get more violins made than the others!

We know that Mr Bach enjoyed a romp, (21 or so children)-what about the famous luthiers?

Oh, and FWIW my man is not a luthier. Infact about the only luthier I personally know is the one that fleeces cash out of me on a regular basis. Just quietly, he is a rather slimy little man.

xan

In reply to:

All the luthiers I've met were flirtatious, in a charming and courtly way. Why ruin a perfectly good relationship?

You never know, Marie- the next step might be even better.

Look at it this way, no-one has yet voted "no" to the good lover question....

Why don't you give it a try, and let us know?

xan

"Are you a luthier?"

I'm a wannabe one, I had planned to make a violin out of Australian timbers but havn't had much success in tracking down suitable local woods, so have been slowly making the necessary tools required, in anticipation.

Then got sidetracked into thinking about making one out of aluminium, as I've made things out of metal all my life and not wood (except basic cabinet making), I knew an old chap who made a guitar out of aluminium and it had a lovely sound.

Then started thinking about different designs and maybe a 5 string Viola or Violin instead, with either the extra (low) string on the Violin or the extra (high) string on the Viola.

Have lately been even side tracked further as my new part time job requires proficiency in MYOB so have been going to night school to learn that.

Plus practising (very occasionally) on my violin and spending FAR to much time reading and posting on the Soapbox.

Xania,

I don't know if luthiers make good lovers, but I do know that we do love good luthiers. I just had an experience, having adjustments made on my fiddle by a good luthier, and let me tell you, I'm in love, with both him, and my newly improved fiddle. When I have more time next week I'm going to put up a more detailed post about it.

Yankee Fiddler