Maestronet Forums

VIOLIN No1. The Universal E-String!

MrDublin

VIOLIN No1. The Universal E-String!

Violin No1 is a newly designed string that offers a full rounded off and sustainable tone in all positions, whilst at the same time maintaining full flexibility over the whole dynamic range of play.

The new string is based on a coated carbon steel core material with a high tensile strength and is wound with chrome steel.

The string's brilliant sound combines with a quick response preventing the whistling of empty strings.

Violin No1 E-string has been specifically designed to be "universal", and so combined with all existing violin strings.

Violin No1 is available in three gauges, weich - mittel - stark, with ball or loop end.

Has anyone tried one of these yet. I am curious about how well it blends with other stings types. It's supposed to work with all of these strings.

no1.jpg

I had no luck finding this new string when I looked a few weeks ago (at the same time I had to wait 2 weeks to acquire my first Larsen Viola C string - which I think was worth the wait).

Lately I've taken a liking to the new Larsen E string. It seems to have a round and powerful tone all the way up, and is not prone to whistling. but of course it depenson your own ears, your instrument, and the other strings on it.

Andy

Another recent thread got me moving strings around again, and I replaced a set of Violinos with Obligatos, but put the #1 on in place of the Obligato E (which ended up with the Violinos). The #1 works fine with the Obligatos. I can't say I'd go to the trouble of choosing it over the Obligato E when buying a set, but if you like having an extra E with Obligatos, this one works. I briefly tried it with Infield Reds, but still prefer the Larsen E with that set.

I just received the new E strings and I can't wait to go home tonight an put one on to try it out. The interesting thing is that it doesn't look like a wound string which it what I was expecting based on the description. I'll try to get one tested over the next couple of days and let you know what I think.

I've had it on for a couple of days now and I like it. My first impression was that they rounded the harhness off, I was afraid they flattened it. However it just seems that they have mellowed the string a bit. With some "E" strings, especially the gold plated they hurt the ear, not this one. It seems in good balance with the Tonicas I have on.

• 2 weeks later...