Sign in to follow this  
xania

Are there any female violin makers?

This is actually a very good thread to resurrect after 17 years.  I think the changes we're seeing in the increase, and prominence, of female luthiers is very encouraging.

On 10/17/2002 at 1:12 PM, Jeffrey Holmes said:

A few more contemporary female makers: Marilyn Wallin, Wendy Moes, Mararette Shipman, Marit Danielson...

Isabel Wilbaux, Itzel Avila, Carrie Scoggins,  Korinthia Klein,  Robyn Sullivan, Sarah Delibreto, Anya Soneberg to name a few

32 minutes ago, joerobson said:

Isabel Wilbaux, Itzel Avila, Carrie Scoggins,  Korinthia Klein,  Robyn Sullivan, Sarah Delibreto, Anya Soneberg to name a few

opps...

Anja Sonderling

I think because...gender topics are currently 'trending' and women are still under appreciated, or not being advertised enough, etc, etc....

32 minutes ago, Julian Cossmann Cooke said:

Ute Zahn, Sofia Vettori, Alina Kostina, Melvin Goldsmith, Philip Ihle, Gabor Draskoczy, and many more... Check the award winners listed on the VSA website: https://www.vsaweb.org/2018-Competition-Results.  You can also find the results for previous competitions there.

I was pretty sure that Melvin Goldsmith, Philip Ihle, and Gabor Draskoczy were males, unless they did a rather spectacular job of faking it. ;)

7 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

I was pretty sure that Melvin Goldsmith, Philip Ihle, and Gabor Draskoczy were males, unless they did a rather spectacular job of faking it. ;)

Pics or it didn't happen?

8 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Isn't that illegal? I wouldn't want to get impeached or somethin'. ;)

From another thread:

10 minutes ago, David Burgess said:

Heck yeah, don't all men aspire to "cake-faced" gals with fake eyelashes who are really spendy? :lol:

Nope, we'll gladly pass them on to the men who are really desperate. :)

Makeup shamer!!!  [pours a variety of overage cosmetics into her jai-lai cesta, and takes careful aim....]   :ph34r::P:lol:

21 minutes ago, TimRobinson said:

Adele Beardsmore https://abcviolins.com.au/

You cannot be what you cannot see.

Regards,

Tim

Oh great, now we've shifted to quantum consciousness as a fundamental, so what your sayin' is that we're most likely some manifestation of light waves that materialize in a probability matrix through observation ?, great, just great...:lol: 

1 hour ago, Julian Cossmann Cooke said:

I just went on a tear.  Maybe I need to check where I land on the gender divide!

"they " is the word of the year! cause everyone know's they live and that they live is a documentary