Meaningful gift for teacher

Heimer

Something you've done yourself is always the most meaningful. I've always remembered the homemade item my students have given me over the store bought. Some of the things I have received are: cookies, baklava, chocolate in the shape of notes, kitchen spatulas with tiny gold notes painted on the handles, a tape of one student playing her clarinet and a set of bath towels with music fabric sewn on as a border.

Hope that helps.

Ava

I think Nemesis might deserve one of those clocks that play a tune on the hour, programmed with the first parts of his least-favourite music - the cheaper version, corny MIDI arrangments, that cannot be shut off for the hours spent in the arms of Morpheus. (You asked for this, Nemesis!).

To Nemesis and Soundboot: Thankyou for making me laugh so much. The original post was one of real sadness, but you both have levelled it off. And to all the others with wonderful suggestions on the more normal side, my thanks as well, for your ideas represent gifts from the heart. And I just KNOW tonight I shall be dreaming of those musical socks, Soundboot!