Maestronet Forums

Sure is fun being stupid

toc

Well, they look like they are all in good condition as long as they are straight. And, so far, the bid is less than the price of a new bow. So unless you have a high hidden bid, I wouldn't worry.

You can always sell one to Steveg and then re-sell what you don't want for a low price on eBay. Or have a few more children who will need fractional size bows...... hey, that's a neat idea! shocked.gif

Seriously, we have all been in that boat at one time or another. I chalk them up as learning experiences.

To Steve, and an eBay tale:

Steve: will get in touch if I win the auction. At the moment am winning with 23 hours to go...I think my current bid is a whole $12.

Would be happy to do this: if I win the auction, will sell you the 3/4 bow for half the cost of the lot. I'll call you if I win, promise.

My last similar eBay experience was being delighted to stumble upon a beautiful crackled-glass left-handed pitcher. I am a lefty in all but fiddling, so thought this would be a great addition to our kitchen: finally, I could make pancakes for my wife using a proper-handed pitcher! You righties just don't understand how important this is.

Won the bid, eagerly sent the $17 or whatever it was...and got back a "decorative" pitcher about 3 inches high that would not hold enough batter to make silver-dollar flapjacks for a ferret.

It sits on my desk in the office with the label "Mitch Williams" on it...an inside joke for Phillies fans.

mike jarboe

[This message has been edited by toc (edited 10-30-2001).]