Newy-New

einstein.gif

JA, MEIN SCHON rainyann

[This message has been edited by stephen redrobe (edited 04-30-2002).]

quote:

Originally posted by Ernst:

Gray Violiner - By the way, your pictures are simply the cutest. I't seems I'll have to scour the web for material if I have any hopes of competing.

Thanks Ernst, but I think we all need to agree that this little "trick" should be used in moderation or it could get entirely out of hand!

Things never get out of hand on the Fingerboard.

pigfly.gif

Alex Carter, don't worry about small hands. If you can span an octave on a piano, I'm sure you'll be fine. My fingers are too long if anything - my violin teacher tried to get me to switch to viola years ago. Of course I had more sense. wink.gif

[This message has been edited by simon (edited 04-30-2002).]

quote:

Originally posted by Gray Violiner:

Thanks Ernst, but I think we all need to agree that this little "trick" should be used in moderation or it could get entirely out of hand!

Pcherubs2.htm

How so, my little lotus blossom?.

quote:

Originally posted by Alex Carter:

The violin's a rental, made by "somebody" lol, and the A string's a little cranky although I can't tell if that's the string or some "sour spot" in my physiology lol. Yes, as I progress, I'll end up getting my own fiddle and probably a bit more "serious" teacher, but what I have I'm sure is fine now. The violin seems OK, no buzzing strings, it stays in tune, etc. But I know there is a progression from "beginning" teachers and equipment to "intermediate" teachers and equipment to "serious" teachers and equipment, fortunately as beginnerly and annoying I might be on the violin, I used to do a sport, one of those olympic ones, where in 2 years I was a us national champion, and in a couple more years was actually starting to get fairly good lol! And, especially in the US where there's hardly any real knowledge or coaching, (this ain't bulgaria or russia etc) to get good one has to become one's own coach to a great degree, and know a lot about training oneself up. Violin is a lot more complicated, enjoyable to others, and socially redeeming, and there are good "coaches" in it everywhere, I think I am beginning to enter a whole new world :-)

That is interesting, what was your sport?

You are correct self discipline is a big part of music. A lot of musicians I know do other disciplines such as tai chi and yoga. We do after all use our bodies to actualize the music. You will do well.

Don Crandall

quote:

jg102.gif

Now if I could only learn to play as well as all of you.

LOL I never knew that Uncle Fester played the violin.

Don Crandall

quote:

Originally posted by stephen redrobe:

einstein.gif

JA, MEIN SCHON rainyann

You forgot your adjective endings and an umlaut. The subject is female and in the nominative case so it should be Ja, meine schoene Rainyann.

wink.gif

Don Crandall

P.S. Don't ask I just know this stuff.

quote:

I agree 100 percent. Like spice, too much spoils the dish. I was just responding to your throwing down the gauntlet here:

quote:

However these smilie faces

(picture deleted for obvious reasons)

are reserved for the old timers

By raising my newcomers banner with a little good natured teasing. smile.gif

For the most part the pictures only slow things down and the nonsense really should go over to the soapbox. But, some of the things I've seen lately had me literally falling out of my chair laughing so I do thank all for the good roar. IMHO laugh.gif

quote:

By raising my newcomers banner with a little good natured teasing.
smile.gif

For the most part the pictures only slow things down and the nonsense really should go over to the soapbox. But, some of the things I've seen lately had me literally falling out of my chair laughing so I do thank all for the good roar. IMHO
laugh.gif

Ernst, I too, was teasing! I forget too much of the rest of the world can take things too literally at times. And yes, I agree, this sort of thread should have been on Soapbox, though an occasional smiley from another source seems OK. I suppose that is ultimately for "higher powers" to decide.

Thanks Don,

by the way, when I have 'phone conversations or exchange emails with the chairman of Pirazzi (Pirastro) I am often amazed by the gobbledegook which he passes-off as English. Indeed I have almost wondered whether he does it on purpose!.

I can see now that I can easily commit similar crimes against his language!.

Complicated stuff, isn't it?.

quote:

Originally posted by stephen redrobe:

Thanks Don,

by the way, when I have 'phone conversations or exchange emails with the chairman of Pirazzi (Pirastro) I am often amazed by the gobbledegook which he passes-off as English. Indeed I have almost wondered whether he does it on purpose!.

I can see now that I can easily commit similar crimes against his language!.

Complicated stuff, isn't it?.

German can be quite the bear when it comes to that sort of stuff. I've been continually learning it for years now.

Don