Maestronet Forums

Ireland was (is) Wonderful.

bonsai

Well, we got back a couple days ago... and we're trying to catch up a bit w/ sleep.. absolutely wonderful time!!! Caught several pub sessions on the west coast in Doolin, and another couple in Galway, then up to Belfast for some business, then back down to Doolin for another session before leaving Shannon.. Perfect weather for 10 days, (rained one day for 10 minutes.). Enough pictures to last a lifetime, or at least till we return there!

-bonsai.

Did you go to any sessions in Belfast? I should have thought to recommend some. I'd have suggested meeting up, but I was away in Budapest myself.

Where did you go in Galway? The Crane has great sessions, and I've heard good music in Taaffes, though it gets pretty cramped and smokey.

You could post your pictures and a travel log on the igougo.com website, if you wanted, and then tell people here where to find them. Hope this helps.

quote:

Originally posted by bonsai:

I'd love to... we took lots of digital photos... Cliffs of Moher, pub sessions, etc... Anyone suggest the best way of making those available to folks here?...

-bonsai

quote:

Originally posted by simon:

Did you go to any sessions in Belfast? I should have thought to recommend some. I'd have suggested meeting up, but I was away in Budapest myself.

Where did you go in Galway? The Crane has great sessions, and I've heard good music in Taaffes, though it gets pretty cramped and smokey.

Went to Taaffes... stayed for a bit.. though at that point we were reeeeally tired! Also took in a session at another place (forget the name... kinda across the street; the one located right on a corner, w/ entries on either side.... I have to admit, the best sessions we took in were in Doolin... unbelievable musicianship.. so tight, really wonderful. (I actually taped a bit of it w/ small handheld digital recorder!).. If I can figure out the site instructions on igougo... I'll post there. (and here)

-bonsai

quote:

Originally posted by simon:

Hey Simon, I spent two years in those pubs!

Sunday nights at the Crane and Saturday afternoon in Taffes were classic.

Is there a pub in Irelend that doesn't get smokey?