Maestronet Forums

Tchaikovsky Vn Cnt -- Mvnt 1

paganini72

have you ever noticed that after the first movement of this concerto finished, audience always applause no matter who plays it ?.

I saw VDOs of Perlman(2 VDOs), Heifetz...it happened also. Or in my live concert experiences, 2 times by not so well known violinists..and people still applause loudly right after the 1st movement finish.

This 'd not occurs to other concertos.

I think possibly because of this movement is so exciting and can move people..hence...people always give their hands..inspite of there are 2 movements more.

The ending of that movement really sounds "final", similar to endings of really popular classic orchestral pieces that everyone's familiar with (and in the case of neophytes, the only kind that they're familiar with). There's a natural tension toward applauding that's hard to break for them n00bs.

yes, muon, it sound like finale movement rather than the first/

hehehe...it's true for all I think.

the vdo I saw are

Heifetz in Carnegie Hall

Perlman in Moscow

and Perlam in....somwhere...but conducted by Eugene Ormany.

So I assume that all the audiences are not neophytes at all.

quote:

Originally posted by cremona:

The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performed this piece with soloist Vadim Repin 2-3 years ago. I went all three nights, and the audience only applauded after the first movement on one night.

Hey, Alvin, Did you get applause after you played it a few weeks ago? Kate told me you played beautifully! Wish I was there! I can't wait to hear the recording!

quote:

Originally posted by iupviolin:

Hey, Alvin, Did you get applause after you played it a few weeks ago? Kate told me you played beautifully! Wish I was there! I can't wait to hear the recording!

Yes, I got applause laugh.gif It wasn't a technically perfect performance, but I thought I did OK considering my age and the difficulty of the piece and soforth...there I go making excuses for myself!