Translated by Google Translate:
Anton Lutz was born on 31 Born in October 1814, the son of violin maker and Messner Ignatz Lutz Schönenbach Eger (Bohemia).
In 1869 Anton Lutz, born in 1843, together with his son Ignaz Schönenbach Lutz and his uncle Josef Fuchs business successor of Franz Hoyer.
In 1815 Franz Hoyer requested (born in Schönenbach Eger before 1800) and his brother John Hoyer successfully for a license to open a "Verschließgewölbes" in Vienna, although the civil Geigenmacher Vienna appealing against the decision of the appeal authority. Under "Verschließgewölbe" is probably mainly trading with instruments to understand the Vogtland home.
Already in 1818, the Hoyer brothers in the Rotenturmstraße with the company name can be found "musical instruments factory Hoyer Brothers". It was called in the 19th Century like "producer" or the Company "factory", although in truth there was no factory in the modern sense, but only a number of home workers who zulieferten your handmade instruments.
John Hoyer died on 22 February 1820 in Vienna, and the company "Brothers Hoyer wurde1821 resolved. Between 1821 and 1831, a "sale next defeat (?) of the so-called Kellnerhofgasse Graßhof, only during the market time" is reported. In Jahre1832 695 was "brothers Andreas and Franz Hoyer" is logged along with another brother, Andrew, a company at the old meat market, the house. The date of death of Franz Hoyer is not known, but in 1869 and were Ignaz Anton Lutz, Josef Fuchs and his successors in business.
The Lutz & Co are logged at the meat market No. 10 from 1869 to 1875. 1876 to No. 6 meat market moved, while the company Wenzel Placht and Co. address the meat market no. 10 took over. Beginning in 1883, there was also a branch in the Red Tower Road No. 29 In 1889 the son, Ignatius Lutz was the sole successor to the business now for Schönenbach returned Anton Lutz. The business was continued until the death of Ignaz Lutz in 1907.
Anton Lutz has been awarded several times, inter alia 1871 medals in London, Graz, Eger, Linz and Trieste, 1872 in Moscow, 1873 Silver Medal in Wolkersdorf, Bistrita and Paris as well as a Verdienstmedallie at the Vienna World Exhibition in 1873.
This viola was probably in Schoenbach, built by order of the Viennese firm Lutz, 1869-1875, and wearing a printed original label on the inside of the bottom: -
Lutz & Comp.
Musik Instrumenten - & Saiten Fabriks
Wien Fleischmarkt 10
The one-piece back, ribs and scroll are made of flamed maple, built the ceiling of medium wide grained spruce. The instrument is covered with a brownish-red paint.
The base dimensions are measured on the vault -
Length 393 mm.
top width 183 mm.
average width of 126 mm.
bottom width of 227 mm.